RELEVANT YOUTH SUMMER CAMP 2018 FAQ
Where is Relevant Youth camp?
- Forest Home, 40000 Valley of the falls dr. Forest Falls 92339
When is Relevant Youth camp?
- October 5-7th 3:30pm
What should I bring?
- See packing list
What will I be learning?
- We will be discovering “God’s Plan” for our lives, gaining a better understanding of what His plan for us looks like, and how we can actively live that out in modern society.
What are emergency numbers my parents can call to get a hold of me?
- Ciara Sabbath 757-355-3823
- If unable to reach Ciara you may contact Forest Home directly at 909-389-2300 and they will contact us immediately.
Will transportation to and from camp be provided?
- Yes, we will be meeting at the church office (17675 Van Buren Blvd. Suite B.) at 3:30pm for departure
- We will be returning to The Fox Theatre Sunday 10/7/18 at 9am
What if the drop off time doesn’t work for my parent? Can I be driven to camp by a parent/guardian?
- Please contact Ciara Sabbath
Will all meals be provided?
- Yes all meals are included in the cost of camp. Additionally, if you would like to bring spending money for snacks and other merchandise, the camp has items for purchase.
YOUTH SUMMER 2017 PACKING LIST:
- Label ALL luggage and items with a permanent marker (name, address, phone, church). 2. Make sure that you can transport the luggage they are bringing to camp 3. It may be hot and dry or cool, rainy or muddy when campers arrive at camp, so be ready for
anything. You can check www.foresthome.org for a weather report.
- Sleeping bag and pillow. Tip: you can usually roll the pillow in the sleeping bag. It is a good idea to make sure the sleeping bag is in a watertight bag (even a plastic trash bag works). Alternatively, you can bring a sheet, blanket, and pillow.
- Bible (and pen/pencil/notebook)- be sure your name is in it.
- Bath towel and washcloth.
- Flashlight: Please be sure to label the flashlight and send extra batteries.
- General toiletries: Soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, towel, washcloth, deodorant, etc.
o Chapstick or other lip protection with sunscreen o Waterproof sunscreen o Lotion- If prone to dry skin o Bug repellent: stick or spritz- NOT aerosol spray! o A Water Bottle (you may also purchase one at camp)
- Clothing for 3 Days
o Plenty of clean socks & underwear. o T-Shirts o Shorts o Active wear o Long pants o Sweatshirt o Shoes and sandals o Poncho or other light rain gear: rain is not uncommon. Having waterproof gear of some
sort can be helpful if it does happen to rain on us.
- Hat for sun protection
- Small backpack (daypack) for hikes
- Plastic garbage bag (or two) for dirty clothing
PLEASE DO NOT BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- Weapons, such as knives or any other item or weapon designed to hurt someone (this includes toy weapons)
- Any electronic games including Nintendo DS and other electronic video games.
- Please avoid preventable heartache; do not send anything that is irreplaceable.
MEDICATIONS: Must be in their original pharmacy container along with written instructions. All in a Ziploc plastic bag with your name printed on it. (PLEASE NOTE: if meds are not in the original container we cannot and will not administer them.)
For the safety of all campers, Forest Home DOES NOT allow visits by anyone other than church staff during camp. Early arrival or pick-up of campers by parents is permitted in certain cases- they must be arranged in advance with church and camp staff.
If you have a serious family emergency and need to contact your child while at camp, you may contact the Forest Home Roundhouse at 909-389-2300 and they can direct you to us.